Dry nuts are very effective to boost the immune system easily and Almonds remain the most important type of nuts among all dry nuts. Almonds contain various minerals, proteins, vitamins, and fiber that are very special for boosting immunity against viral infections. Research has revealed that the skin of Almonds can improve the ability of WBC for detecting viruses as well as increase the body’s ability for preventing replication and spreading of viruses. Almond can aptly be considered as one of the best immunity booster foods that can also fight corona virus effectively.
Specialty of Almonds
Almonds are seeds rather than nuts and are available in many forms like roasted or raw, un-sprouted, sprouted, salty, or sweet. Irrespective of different forms of almonds, the crunchy, satisfying taste of the nuts remains people’s very favorite snacks that are very healthy also. Almonds are available in different colors, sizes, and shapes, and munching Almond can be a very good guilt-free option for snacking.
Almonds do have an excellent nutritional profile that meets all the requirements of healthy food. One ounce or 28 grams of almonds contains around 6 gm proteins, 5 gm fiber, and 14 gm good fats, as well as DRI of 37% vitamin E, 20% Magnesium, 32% Manganese. Apart from such excellent nutrients, Almonds are rich sources for Copper, Vitamin B2, and Phosphorous, and a combination of all such rich nutrients is difficult to be available in one natural food.
Further Almonds also have an abundance of phytic acid that is an excellent antioxidant and protect the body cells from getting oxidative damage. Such damage remains one of the major factors for aging and when Almonds are taken in an empty stomach, the absorption of the nutrients gets faster and effects are more rapid. The sweet almonds can be delicious for eating and the bitter variety is normally used for making almond oil that also has many benefits.
Health Benefits of Almonds
The few vital health benefits that are associated with Almonds, one of the best immunity booster foods, are as follows:
- Regulates blood sugar: Almonds are rich in proteins, healthy fats, fiber, and are low-carb diet that makes them suitable options for eating for the people having diabetes.
- Increases brain functioning: Almonds are very effective in improving mental focus as well as memory power when consumed regularly. The presence of L-carnitine and Riboflavin in almonds makes the nuts very good nutrients for the brain that make these nut excellent brain booster, particularly for children.
- Improves skin health: Almonds oil when used to massage the skin, especially the babies’ skin, can make the skin super soft and make the skin have a natural glow.
- Improves quality of hair: Also, when Almonds are consumed regularly, shiny, strong, as well as healthy hair can be formed as the hair get all vital nutrients for healthy growth.
- Reduce bad cholesterol: Almonds can also be excellent to reduce the bad cholesterol in the human body due to an increase in the vitamin E level.
- Fights cancer and prevent heart diseases: Studies have revealed that Almonds are excellent for reducing breast cancer in women and improves blood flow that ensures the good functioning of the heart.
- Maintains proper body weight: Almonds contain low carbohydrate and high amount of fiber that can help to reduce weight and help to maintain a perfect shape.